Led by Michael, we advise clients on anti-corruption matters in Vietnam. While Vietnam is an attractive place for foreign investment, it is also a high-risk environment for bribery, embezzlement, fraud, and other forms of economic crime. Prosecutions under the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and the U.K. Bribery Act are increasing. Failing to curb or prevent corruption can have devastating economic, legal, and reputational consequences.
WE CAN ASSIST THE FOLLOWING
- Advise clients on local anti-corruption laws, regulatory regimes, and business culture.
- Design, advise, and implement compliance programs.
- Advise clients on the FCPA and the U.K. Bribery Act and on local issues arising from investigations stemming therefrom.
- Conduct anti-corruption due diligence, as well as compliance and regulatory audits, on agents, partners, distributors, and M&A targets.
- Perform anti-corruption risk assessments.
- Advise on internal corporate investigations. Advise on government-initiated corruption and white-collar crime investigations.
- Advised several leading U.S. based pharma MNCs on corruption allegations involving one of their distributors.
- Advised a leading U.S. based pharma MNC on allegations of price fixing and corruption of one of its executives.
- Advised a Swedish software company on the investigation of theft and embezzlement allegations involving one its executives.
- Advised a leading manufacturer of computer products on the investigation of theft and embezzlement allegations involving one its employees.
- Advised a leading Switzerland based pharma MNC on the investigation of theft and embezzlement allegations involving one its executives.