Banking and Finance
Led by Diep, we are experienced in advising domestic and international banks, financial institutions, funds and corporations on a wide range of corporate banking matters, including domestic and cross-border syndicated and bilateral lending transactions, security arrangements, leveraged and acquisition finance, and registration and enforcement of loans and security with regulators in Vietnam. We also provide advice on loan structuring and the sale and purchase of loans.
- Advised mainly for foreign banks (HSBC, ANZ, Standard Chartered Bank, OCBC) in connection with syndicated credit facilities and secured commercial lending transactions.
- Advised foreign banks (HSBC, ANZ, Standard Chartered Bank, Taipei Fubon Bank) on regulatory and compliance issues.
- Advised HSBC on establishment of the first wholly foreign owned bank in Vietnam; responsible for preparing documentation for submission to the State Bank of Vietnam and other state authorities; handling all legal and regulatory issues arising out of licensing process.
- Advised DBS Singapore on licensing and post licensing matters in relation to setting up a foreign bank branch in Ho Chi Minh City and a representative office in Hanoi.
- Advised NM Rothschild & Son on setting up a representative office in Hanoi.
- Advised Taipei Fubon Bank on a number of bad debt recovery cases.